Video-Based Learning Strategies You Should Definitely Use This Year
We consume video-based content several times during our day for a variety of reasons. These include videos for entertainment, infotainment, learning and so on.
It comes as no surprise that video-based learning is fast becoming a “must-have” component of an organization’s training delivery. Fueled by increased adoption of mobile learning and microlearning, video-based learning is surely becoming a core component of online training.
Take a look at the stats that affirm the popularity of videos, and why they should be adopted for learning:
- According to Forrester Research, employees are 75% more likely to
watch a video than to read documents, emails or web articles.
- 97% of businesses using explainer videos say it helps users
understand their business better. (Wyzowl)
- Studies have shown that adding video can improve people’s ability to
remember concepts and details with effects that increase over time.
Presentations that include visuals like video along with slide text
are 9% more effective than text alone when audience comprehension is
tested right away. (Panopto)
Where Can Video-Based Learning Be Used?
Video-based learning can be used for:
- Formal training (online)
- Performance Support (learning aids/job aids to support formal
- Social learning
- Support Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
This is not all. Video-based learning can also be used very effectively to:
- Create awareness
- Support crucial change management initiatives