Subtitling is the process of integrating the spoken dialogues in videos as the written text. Subtitles can serve as a tool for better communication – promoting search engine optimization, support for hearing impaired, and non-native speaker of the language. As such subtitles have been a sort of modus operandi for content promotion which is aimed at gaining new audiences.
Subtitling services can also be iterated to be a minimalistic version of captions. Captions, on one hand, list all the changes in tracks, contexts, scenes, along with recording the changes dialogues while subtitles only present dialogues.
Subtitling is beneficial in the following situations:
1. Subtitles help the hard-of-hearing community to understand the meaning, context, and discourses that the video is trying to present. Considering over 5% of the world’s population – 466 million people – have hearing loss and that number is thought to climb up to 900 million by 2050. Subtitles help your content find an appropriate audience base.
2. Non-native speakers: Subtitles are a way to ensure non-native speakers of a language can fully understand the ideas presented on the screen. This promotes trickling down of ideas across languages and regions.
3. Search engine optimization: Subtitles acts as textual references to search engines. They are a way search engines can ping on your content. Video subtitling services increase your viewership and audience base.
4. Increases overall experience: Even non-native viewers enjoy the subtlety and experience that is added with subtitles. People opt to choose subtitled videos over un-subtitled ones.
5. Translated subtitles: Interlingual subtitles are preferred many a time over dubs because of the authenticity it provides. It also adds viewership among speakers of a foreign language.
How an online service helps you with subtitling?
1. Human subtitle-providers – This is one thing where online services can trump automated processing. Multiple (or single) human subtitle creators will review your content and create accurate subtitles. We all are wary of subtitling rates per minute created by automated processes (for instance YouTube’s auto subtitles) – let online services do the arduous task for you.
2. Ease – online services grant the epitome of convenience. You send the links of your videos, or video files (in any format), our human captioners will provide you subtitles (in any format) that are perfectly synchronized and accurate to a tee.
3. Turnover time – Online service can split the voluminous amount of works among various subtitle providers such that subtitles are provided to you within provided deadlines and you never have to lose the smile on your face.
4. Language support – Online services provide interlingual translations of subtitles from the source to hundreds of different global languages. Native language translators provide translation to subtitles such that context, content, and clarity of the subtitles remain close to the source.
5. Subtitling rates – Subtitling services provide the most excellent. Also, might seem paradoxical but subtitling rates per hour comes out to be even cheaper because more the volume the subtitling is done at a discounted rate. What you get is the best services at the lowest cost and all under your provided timeline.