Captioning is the process of using any audio content of a film, broadcast, live event, audio or other production to create a text format which can be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Captioning helps those who have hearing impairments or difficulty hearing to benefit from media materials.
People often confuse subtitle with captioning, only the best closed captioning services can understand it better and deliver it accurately to their clients. As captions are meant for hearing impaired, audience who cannot hear the audio. For such individuals, captions communicate the video spoken words, background noises, song lyrics into text format. Whereas subtitles are intended for viewers who can hear the audio unless they can’t understand the video spoken language, they enable subtitles to get clear understanding about the video. Other way, subtitles are trickier because they translate the nuances of a spoken language into viewer’s language.
Captions are available both open and closed. Open captions are the texts that “can’t be turned off” by the viewer. On the other hand, closed captions “can be turned off” depending on the viewer mindset.
At Vanan, we have professionals to provide the transcription and closed captioning services at affordable price. Our closed captioning services rates are starting at just $1/min to all countries for every language. Depending on the skill and experience English transcribers, rates will vary. We are the leading provider of closed captioning services to NYC, as we provide online captioning services that include open captioning, offline captioning, video captioning, broadcast captioning, photo captioning, voice captioning, image captioning, Tv captioning, postproduction captioning in New York.
We also accept all types of captioning formats SRT, DFXP, SCC, QuickText, webVTT, RealText, SMI or SAMI (for Windows Media), WMP.TXT, STL, CPT.XML .
We have fixed rate in providing closed captioning companies to top languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, German, Arabic, Chinese and Portuguese. The table below shows the captioning services rates for these languages.
Uniqueness of closed captions:
1. It is mostly synced with the video displaying.
2. It can be turned on/off.
3. It appears only in the source language of the displaying video.
4. It helps in identification of the speaker.
5. It also provides the displaying video’s sound effects
6. Usually the text that appear on the screen will be white.
7. Texts appearing on the screen, will won’t have certain placement.
8. Through HDMI, encoding was not supported.
How should be the quality of captions?
1. It must be readable by the viewer.
2. Do not obstruct any important content from a video.
3. Captioning mostly should include the label of the speaker.
4. It should be at least 99% accurate to that of the video content.
5. It must follow DCMP, FCC and WCAG standards.