Performance Support Tools or PSTs are learning aids meant to help employees with on-the-job support at the precise moment of their need. They are designed to support and guide employees when at work.
They are easily available and usually embedded directly into the learners’ workflow helping organizations provide the required task support and up the productivity quotient of their employees.
- They are a great fit for informal learning.
- They can be also be used to support formal training to improve the stickiness of learning and its eventual application on the job.
- PSTs accelerate learning as they are part of the learner’s work-flow and are available precisely at the time of their need. They are designed to be easy to assimilate and easy to apply.
- You can integrate microlearning-based strategies to create them and see the application levels zoom.
- Couple them with platforms for social learning and you will see the impact of your training multiply.