Companies that deliver corporate training can boast a 218% higher income per employee and a 24% higher profit margin than those who don’t. Investing in employee training and development, when done well, is profitable.
However, making coaches fly to your affiliates and hosting instructor-led sessions after work can be overwhelming for a business. Luckily, corporate learning is changing rapidly. With mobile devices, the Internet, and opportunities to work remotely, the physical barriers to training have been eliminated. What also makes learning anywhere and anytime possible is a corporate LMS. In fact, corporate LMS software offers much more than that.
Let’s have a look at what a corporate LMS is, and how your business can benefit from it.
What is Corporate LMS?
A corporate learning management system (LMS) is software for delivering online training and learning content to your employees. Corporate LMS helps onboard new employees, then get them the knowledge and skills required to perform their roles, and, ultimately, advance faster in their careers. You can learn more about how an LMS functions and how to organize online training with an LMS.
Here are five reasons why you need a corporate LMS:
- You can save your company money by reducing training costs significantly, including travel, accommodations, and other event expenditures
- The learning experience is no longer bound to a classroom. Employees can take courses at their own pace, wherever and whenever it’s convenient.
- A learning platform allows you to train the staff from different locations at no extra cost.
- You can reduce senior employees’ workload. With online onboarding, new employees don’t have to take seasoned employees away from their tasks. The new hires can get up to speed more independently, and you can reduce the amount of face-to-face mentoring.
- A corporate LMS platform makes it easy to keep track of who has completed a course and how well they performed. You can use these useful analytics to improve your development program. Read more.